Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

How to transfer segment ownership for an 'unknown user'?

Level 1

I am trying the revitalize a legacy Excel dashboard with 76 Report Builder data blocks for which I need to edit the 38 segments applied in these data blocks. I searched for the owner in segment manager in order ask the owner to transfer the segments to my account. But the segment manager shows that they are owned by "Unknown User", which is probably a deleted user.

Of course I am able to edit the segments and save with my own account, but then I need to re-apply these 38 new segments in the 76 building blocks. And that is what I want to avoid by transferring ownership and editing the original segments.

Any suggestions?

regards,

Leo

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 1

Hi Tanmay,

Just received a reply back from Client Care helpdesk, saying when I provide them with a list of comma separated segment ID's, they will be able to transfer ownership to me.

Using API Explorer I have been able to extract the segment ID's.

regards, Leo

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Level 10

Hi Leo,

Thanks for reaching out to the community.

A short way of have the segments owned by a deleted user is to create a copy for it. Click on the check box of the segments you want and click on 'Copy' in the top rail options. The same segments would be listed in the segments created by you. 

Let me know if that works out for you. Thanks!

Tanmay

Level 1

Hi Tanmay,

Creating a copy of these segments is a possibility, but it would additionally mean that I have to delete the 'old' segments from my dashboard and to apply my own segments. This is a lot of work, which I wanted to avoid by just editing the segments and refresh my dashboard afterwards.

Leo

Correct answer by
Level 1

Hi Tanmay,

Just received a reply back from Client Care helpdesk, saying when I provide them with a list of comma separated segment ID's, they will be able to transfer ownership to me.

Using API Explorer I have been able to extract the segment ID's.

regards, Leo

Level 10

Hi Leo, 

When a user is deleted, the relationship with all the assets created by them is broken and is not possible to access them from the interface. The ClientCare could surely help you out from backend and give you the ownership of those segments. Do provide them with the required information and it should be solved. :)  

Tanmay