Expand my Community achievements bar.

Webinar: Adobe Customer Journey Analytics Product Innovations: A Quarterly Overview. Come learn for the Adobe Analytics Product team who will be covering AJO reporting, Graph-based Stitching, guided analysis for CJA, and more!
SOLVED

How to setup s.bufferrequest in AA extension?

Level 2

Hi,

It is really helpful if someone help us with the buffer request setup in AA.

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi @S_K_3_11 

check out the documentation.

It is quite simply setting the "s.bufferRequests()" in an Adobe Analytics set variable extension.

// Flag the request to be buffered
s.bufferRequests();

// The t() or tl() method then writes the data to session storage instead of sending it to Adobe
s.tl(true,"o","Example link click");

// On a subsequent page, the tracking call sends both the above link tracking call and the page view call
s.t();

Best use case is likely when you know that the user will navigate away to the next page on your domain.

These type of requests are the ones that will likely be cancelled from your browser if you are requesting a browser navigation whilst having a tracking request to be sent.

Side note: Adobe Analytics also has the "sendBeacon" flag you could enable for these cases which was initially designed to signal the browser that this request should not be cancelled.

However, since browser vendors don't give a d*mn, I think this beacon / ping functionality has never worked reliabile (at least from what I can say).

Hope that helps,

Björn

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi @S_K_3_11 

check out the documentation.

It is quite simply setting the "s.bufferRequests()" in an Adobe Analytics set variable extension.

// Flag the request to be buffered
s.bufferRequests();

// The t() or tl() method then writes the data to session storage instead of sending it to Adobe
s.tl(true,"o","Example link click");

// On a subsequent page, the tracking call sends both the above link tracking call and the page view call
s.t();

Best use case is likely when you know that the user will navigate away to the next page on your domain.

These type of requests are the ones that will likely be cancelled from your browser if you are requesting a browser navigation whilst having a tracking request to be sent.

Side note: Adobe Analytics also has the "sendBeacon" flag you could enable for these cases which was initially designed to signal the browser that this request should not be cancelled.

However, since browser vendors don't give a d*mn, I think this beacon / ping functionality has never worked reliabile (at least from what I can say).

Hope that helps,

Björn