Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

How to setup Checkout ( product )?

Level 6

I have the setup in DTM followed product syntax and I can see the data collected. 

1477068_pastedImage_0.png

But in the report suite, I have the product, checkout. But I  don't have data for Revenue and units ( both showed as 0 ). I am wondering should I do any special setup in report suite?

Thanks,

-Cathy

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 9

As was mentioned above, you don't need to declare s.eVar82 when using it in products syntax.

On a sidenote: when you populate an eVar with the full eVar syntax, it is case-sensitive, and the "V" is capitalized.  So even if you need to declare it; s.evar82 is not the same as s.eVar82.

Example:

s.eVar82="some value"; // correct

s.evar82="some value"; // incorrect

This isn't relevant to your problem though.  Back to your issue.

When you say you aren't getting eVar82, what exactly do you mean by that? I see it listed in your debugger screenshot above, so I assume you mean that you don't see data show up in your eVar82 report? (sidenote: that debugger is outdated and a little buggy at this point. You should look into other debugging tools, such as Adobe Experience Cloud Debugger  or Omnibug).

• Are you routing the data / looking in the proper report suite?
  • Is eVar82 configured correctly in the AA interface?  Make sure Merchandising is enabled and you select Product Syntax. This is the most common error.
  • What about the other config options, vs. the report you are trying to pull? Allocation, binding event, expire after? Depending on how you've set any of these, vs. metric(s), breakdowns, etc. you may not see the data show up as you expect

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Level 9

You can add units and revenue to your products string for any event, but Adobe ignores it except for the purchase event (IOW no point in including units and revenue except on purchase event).

If you want to see (potential) units / revenue along with other events, you can push them to custom events.

Example, using the following:

event1 - counter event - use this for units

event2 - currency event - use this for revenue

You have 2x widget1 at 50.00 each, and 1x widget2 at 75.00

s.events='scCheckout,event1,event2';

s.products=';widget1;;;event1=2|event2=100.00,;widget2;;;event1=1|event2=75.00

Level 6

I just noticed that you declared all the events. I didn't do that.Please see my code. I believe I will need to:

s.events = "scCheckout, event80";

Since I also used  evar82 in the product string. Do you know how to declare evar82?

Thanks,

-cathy

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

s.events;

s.events = "scCheckout";

s.prodList=[];

if( utag_data.product_name ){

var arrayLength = utag_data.product_name.length;

for (var i = 0; i < arrayLength; i++) {

s.prodList[i] = ";" + utag_data.product_name[0].replace(',', '-') + ";" + utag_data.product_quantity[i] +";" +                     utag_data.product_unit_price[i]*utag_data.product_quantity[i]+";event80="+utag_data.product_unit_price[i]*utag_data.produc                    t_quantity[i]+";evar82="+utag_data.order_currency;

}

s.products = s.prodList.join(",");

s.purchaseID;

s.purchaseID = utag_data.order_id;

s.state;

s.state = utag_data.order_state;

s.zip;

s.zip = utag_data.order_zip;

s.currencyCode = utag_data.order_currency;

}

Level 2

You do not need to 'declare' eVars populated within the products string; only events.

Level 6

I have the product string setup as:

s.events = "purchase,event80";

s.evar82;

I also declared eVar82, but I still can not get evar82. Do you know how to add evar in product string?

Thanks,

-Cathy

1477501_pastedImage_0.png1477536_pastedImage_1.png

Correct answer by
Level 9

As was mentioned above, you don't need to declare s.eVar82 when using it in products syntax.

On a sidenote: when you populate an eVar with the full eVar syntax, it is case-sensitive, and the "V" is capitalized.  So even if you need to declare it; s.evar82 is not the same as s.eVar82.

Example:

s.eVar82="some value"; // correct

s.evar82="some value"; // incorrect

This isn't relevant to your problem though.  Back to your issue.

When you say you aren't getting eVar82, what exactly do you mean by that? I see it listed in your debugger screenshot above, so I assume you mean that you don't see data show up in your eVar82 report? (sidenote: that debugger is outdated and a little buggy at this point. You should look into other debugging tools, such as Adobe Experience Cloud Debugger  or Omnibug).

• Are you routing the data / looking in the proper report suite?
  • Is eVar82 configured correctly in the AA interface?  Make sure Merchandising is enabled and you select Product Syntax. This is the most common error.
  • What about the other config options, vs. the report you are trying to pull? Allocation, binding event, expire after? Depending on how you've set any of these, vs. metric(s), breakdowns, etc. you may not see the data show up as you expect

Level 6

Thanks for your info. I can see several issues I had:

1. I didn't enable Merchandising before. I just enabled. 

2. I used evar82. I just changed to eVar82.

With those 2 fixes, I hope I can have data in eVar82. ( I used workspace to show product, revenue, unit and eVar82 )

I have another question about enable Merchandising. When should we enable this for a eVar? Any eVar related with e-commence events ( such as purchase, scOpen, scView, scCheckout, scAdd, scRemove ), it will need to be enabled with Merchandising? If it is used in product string, then it will need to use product Syntax, otherwise, then use Conversion Variable syntax. This is correct?

Right now my eVar82 setup as. I hope it is correct for using in product string.

Thanks

1477653_pastedImage_1.png