Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

How to reduce the number of https requests from adobe launch

Level 2

We are migrating to Adobe launch and we have started noticing the large number of requests coming from assets.adobedtm.com domain. We already are seeing 9 requests with the script content on our home page and we still have to add a lot more vendor scripts in Launch, so that number of custom scripts will greatly increase as we go. We want to have the best page performance that we can have, so how can reduce the number of these requests while still sending the data to the vendors? We will probably move towards server side tagging next year, but until then, one way that I see to reduce the number of requests is consolidation of the scripts. Any suggestions?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

If you are referring to multiple JS files downloads because of multiple instances of the same platform codes (e.g. five facebook tags copied as is will request the fb js library five times). A custom implementation will allow to load the js library only once. Be aware that even if the same file is referenced many times, it may actually be loaded only once as the browser will take it from cache (review the network tab to see what's happening, pay attention to the request status code).

If you are referring to the actual data requests sent to the destination platforms, their number can't be reduced as every request has its own purpose (data payload). The server side method is the one you may want to aim to in this case.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Level 5

one of the best practice you could follow is delay the third party pixel requests to after window loaded if meets the requirement. this would ensure the third party tags don't hamper the performance.

Level 2
Yes we are sending the pixel data to the vendors after window.load, but I am trying to to see ways to reduce the number of asset files loaded from launch before window.load since launch is in the head tag of the page.

Level 5

i see. One way we handle this is grouping all the tags in a page type in one rule. For example put all the home page tags in one rule. all page tags to one rule. this should reduce the assets call.

Correct answer by
Level 10

If you are referring to multiple JS files downloads because of multiple instances of the same platform codes (e.g. five facebook tags copied as is will request the fb js library five times). A custom implementation will allow to load the js library only once. Be aware that even if the same file is referenced many times, it may actually be loaded only once as the browser will take it from cache (review the network tab to see what's happening, pay attention to the request status code).

If you are referring to the actual data requests sent to the destination platforms, their number can't be reduced as every request has its own purpose (data payload). The server side method is the one you may want to aim to in this case.