Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

How to prevent/avoid fraud submitting/voting?

Level 8
Level 8

Hi Experts,

Do you have any idea on how to prevent or avoid the fraud submitting?

A "helpful" or "Not Helpful" buttons are tracked in our content pages.

If user clicks "HELPFUL", event1 will be fired, "Not Helpful" will fire event2 in "Other Click" type.

1735486_pastedImage_0.png

Recently, we've noticed plenty of fraud data in the report, more than 10K "Yes" to 1 document (e.g. ID:FAQ000001) per day, same document could get another 10K "No" in another day, from same IP.

But in fact, the "Vote" function has been disabled in front-end in that document (FAQ000001).

So, do you have any idea how this is happened and how to avoid this issue?

I asked to the Development team, they told me, if the events are fired and transfered to Adobe Server, the counts will be added.

SURE I understand this, but they also said they cannot control what send to Adobe Server.

So I am asking your help on this.

Thanks in advance.

H

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 2

You would need to see the implementation way being used, whether it's through the legacy Javascript method or through DTM/Launch. Assuming that it is through the DTM/launch, you would then need to find the DTM rule sending the Image requests to Adobe and can then update it's conditions to NOT to fire on click of the disabled button.

If the above doesn't help, you can reach out to client care/Adobe support for further help.

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Level 2

You would need to check if the link call(s.tl) is being sent to Adobe even when the button has been disabled. If an image request/link call is still being sent, you would need to make implementation changes to prevent that.

In Adobe, bot rules could be created to identify certain hits as bots but the server calls would still be charged for. Hence, preventing such requests to Adobe itself should solve the problem.

Level 8
Level 8

Thanks for your reply namans3837853.

Yes, an image request/link call is still being sent when the button has been disabled. That's why I asked our DEV team to help, but they told me they cannot control this.

So, I post this thread and try to get help on an idea, as you said, the prevent that.

Could you please share some of the idea: what implementation changes could be made to prevent that?

I will "remind" them the way.

Appreciate that.

Correct answer by
Level 2

You would need to see the implementation way being used, whether it's through the legacy Javascript method or through DTM/Launch. Assuming that it is through the DTM/launch, you would then need to find the DTM rule sending the Image requests to Adobe and can then update it's conditions to NOT to fire on click of the disabled button.

If the above doesn't help, you can reach out to client care/Adobe support for further help.

Community Advisor

It looks a bot action is triggering multiple events. I would do the following:

1. Look if your event is being fired multiple time in a click. If yes fix it.

2. Create a segment to exclude suspicious bot traffic from reports. based on ips, domain etc.

3. Use Event serialization, you must first enable it in Admin > Report Suite > [select report suite] > Edit Settings > Success Events. Then select which events you want to be recorded in the Unique Event Recording column. Enable record once per visit: An event with this setting enabled will only track the first instance of that event in a given visit. Once a new visit starts, each event with this setting enabled can be tracked again.

This should fix the issue.

Thanks,

Asheesh

Level 8
Level 8

Asheesh,

thanks for the helpful information.

But we cannot set the "once per visit" rule, it's about a "helpful" or "not helpful" button event.

There are thousands pieces of articles on the website, user can click more than 1 "helpful" on different articles.

But the 1st item, check event fired multiple time in a click is very helpful. I will let our DEV team to check.

Thanks again.

H

Level 8
Level 8

namans3837853,

thanks for your reply, it's very helpful. I will check with our DEV team on it and let them try this way.

But since the "helpful", "not helpful" buttons are in all the FAQ documents pages, is it possible to update the conditions to NOT to fire on click of the disabled button on specific pages ONLY?

E.g., there are 1,000 documents, 30 of them disabled the "Helpful", "Not helpful" button, then update DTM rules to not to fire on the click in the 30 documents only?

H

Community Advisor

Ahh..got you, in that case (if not a SPA), you can set the event to trigger only once per page/article.

Level 2

You can use custom code in the conditions section of the DTM to avoid tracking the links which have the buttons disabled. I believe your implementation team should be able to achieve this.