Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

How to measure the contribution of a specific marketing channel ?

Level 1

Hello, 

One of our marketing channel (channel A) has become the second order contributor from a Last touch channel standpoint over the past year and I would like to understand how this channel impacts the other marketing channels.

I would like to build a have a view of the various paths where "Channel A" is one of the touch points : 

• "Channel A" only = 75% of the orders
  • "Channel A" then "Channel B" = 10% of the orders
  • "Channel C" then "Channel A" then "Channel B" = 5% of the orders...

Do you think that this kind of thing would be doable with the Attribution IQ feature ?

Thank you for your thoughts and your help.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Yes, Attribution IQ would be the way to go. You might want to use one of the pre-built models first (e.g. Linear, Time Decay, etc) before building your own custom model.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Yes, Attribution IQ would be the way to go. You might want to use one of the pre-built models first (e.g. Linear, Time Decay, etc) before building your own custom model.

Level 10
@yuhuisg, could you elaborate how it would be possible to build {Channel C" then "Channel A" then "Channel B" = 5% of the orders} with Attribution IQ?

Community Advisor

@Andrey_Osadchukwell, it wouldn't be a model where you specify the order of channels. That's impossible to do anyway. But it would be a model where you assign different weights based on the order of the channels used by the visitors.

…I just realised that that is not exactly what @stephins9615423 has in mind. In that case, a Flow visualisation should work better to analyse specific paths. 

Level 1
Hello, Thank you both for your inputs. I have not thought leveraging the flow report with the marketing channel dimensions so I will give a try with that.