Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

How to login into Data Workbench - blank screen

Level 4

Hi,

After having installed the Data Workbench 6.7 application I always get a blank login screen when I start the application. Any idea how to get around this?

Thanks!

Cheers,

Konstantin

1449462_pastedImage_0.png

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Kraz

You are correct that it is not a direct connection to Analytics but it doesn't take IT infrastructure to stand it up. It is an add on to any analytics product so it might not hurt to have a conversation with your Account Executive around it. It will do everything you are asking for and more, including bringing in offline and other data.

If you have any more questions please don't hesitate to reach out.

Brandon

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Employee

What is the setting in your insight.cfg for IMS Login?

Also close out DWB, delete your User and Trace folder. Then try again.

Level 4

Thanks for answering bkern2​. I didn't change anything in the config so far, to be honest I just installed the program and I have no clue how to setup the config file. The documentation I found is not really rich on that topic. Any information is highly appreciated.

Just to give you more context:

I want to link Data Workbench to Adobe Analytics to do some Advances Analytics over multiple report suites + Tenants.

Employee

If you used the installer your insight.cfg will be located at C:\user\YOURUSERNAME\AppData (you will either need to unhide folders to see app data or you can just type it in your address bar) \local\Analytics\Adobe Analytics\Data Workbench\insight.cfg.

If you can open that in notepad and upload it i can troubleshoot further.

As far as "linking", Data Workbench loads in files from data feeds or flat files. You will need to have an architect set up your implementation if this has not been done. Did your company just purchase the product? Or has it been up and running for a while? IF you don't mind sharing, what company do you work for?

Employee

Kraz

just touching base base to see if you had seen my response and were still having the issue. I will be at summit for pre-conf training teaching DWB classes. Feel free to find me and I can take a look at it in person.

Brandon

Level 4

Hi BrandonKern​,

Thank you so much for your effort. We are using Adobe for quite a long time but no one ever used DWB, so I wanted to give it a try. Naive as I am I thought there is a one click integration to Adobe Analytics (similar to e.g. Google Data Studio). What I can already read from your answer is that this is not the case. So probably this is just the wrong tool for us as we don't have any budget for building up any IT infrastructure. Still looking for an Adobe tool where I can create Dashboards over multiple Report Suites, Google Analytics + Backend Data. Any better ideas?

Here is the insight.cfg, as I said it is the default one, I didn't change anything:

If you have any link to a virtual or a classroom training for DWB I would very much appreciate it (I still have the Free Learning Pass Access).

Cheers,

Konstantin

Correct answer by
Employee

Kraz

You are correct that it is not a direct connection to Analytics but it doesn't take IT infrastructure to stand it up. It is an add on to any analytics product so it might not hurt to have a conversation with your Account Executive around it. It will do everything you are asking for and more, including bringing in offline and other data.

If you have any more questions please don't hesitate to reach out.

Brandon