Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

How to get the time stamp when a user visited a page?

Level 2

I want to know at what time a user visited a certain page on my site, is there a metric/dimension for that or can I get that? For e.g., a user ABC visits a certain page XYZ of my site on 10th Sept, at 10:34 AM. I want to get this detail on my dashboard, how can I get that?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 8

@vivek091195 - Have you tried using the "minute" dimension?

"Dimension items include a given minute within a report’s date range alongside its date. It is formatted as HH:MM YYYY-MM-DD. Dimension items starting with 00:00 equate to midnight on that day, while values starting with 23:59 equate to 11:59 PM for that day."

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/analytics/components/dimensions/minute.html?lang=en

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Level 4

Hi Vivek,

There are couple of ways you can achieve to get this report. 

1. You can pass the time and date, ECID and page URL on the same hit whenever the page load happens on the browser. This would be possible only when you have done this implementation earlier. Therefore, you have an ability to breakdown the report since all falls under the same hit.

2. Get "data feed" report with specific column which includes date_time, mcvisid, page_url or page_name. so that you can breakdown the report as per your analysis and deep dive more.

Refer the data feed help link below,

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/analytics/export/analytics-data-feed/data-feed-overview.html...

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/analytics/export/analytics-data-feed/data-feed-contents/data...

Thank you,

Jay

Level 2

Hi Jayakrish,

I would like to get the details from a REST Api call, so that's why I need to populate it on the dashboard. Is there a way in which I can populate the timestamp on the dashboard without running a report?

Correct answer by
Level 8

@vivek091195 - Have you tried using the "minute" dimension?

"Dimension items include a given minute within a report’s date range alongside its date. It is formatted as HH:MM YYYY-MM-DD. Dimension items starting with 00:00 equate to midnight on that day, while values starting with 23:59 equate to 11:59 PM for that day."

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/analytics/components/dimensions/minute.html?lang=en

Level 2

@Brian_Johnson_ , "minute" dimension gives me the occurences irrespective of whether there is an occurence or not, as shown in the attached screenshot. I want an instance/instances when an occurence is there, when a user actually visited the page. How can I get just the timestamp when a user visits/hits the page?

Screenshot 2021-08-18 at 10.43.07 AM.png

Level 8

@vivek091195 -

First, I want to make sure we're all defining "occurrences" according to how Adobe defines the metric:

The ‘Occurrences’ metric shows the number of hits where a given dimension was set or persisted. [link]

As it relates to conversion variables (eVars), this means that once a value is set, each and every subsequent hit will count an occurrence based on the variables expiration/allocation settings. So, if you're explicitly interested in hits where the value is set (ie// present on the call), you'll want to use the "instances" metric for the variable being analyzed. 

Aside from that, if you're wanting to do your analysis directly in Workspace (vs. using data feeds/clickstream or other exports), your best bet will be to set aside a traffic variable (prop) in which you capture the information you're looking for. With this approach, you can specify exactly what you want in the data. Note that this will likely be the client's local time unless you're feeding the server time back to the browser in a data layer.