Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

How to determine what URL parameter is mapped to s.campaign?

Level 1

Hello there, 

I'm relatively new to a company and they've tasked me with finding out why none of our campaigns are being tracked in Adobe Analytics. We've posted links with CID in the tracking code but none of them are passing through. I've tried to get in touch with our adobe admin but she is out of office for the next 60 days and there's no one else who can help me. 

My question, is there a way to determine if the company doesn't use cid in the URL by using an adobe debugger on our site? Is there anything automatic that will just find it for me so that I know what I can search for? If so, I'd love a quick step by step to determine it. FYI - I'm fairly comfortable with Chrome dev tools but am just getting my feet wet with adobe debugger. Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

If you're using Adobe Launch as your tag manager:

1. Open the Adobe Analytics extension.
  2. Expand the "Global variables" section.
  3. Under "Additional settings", look for the "Campaign" subsection. It might look like this:

Screenshot 2021-02-10 at 10.17.46 AM.png

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Level 3

A quick check would be to paste in a url with what you believe to be correct campaign query string. Then in console run s.campaign. If all is configured correctly and you are using the correct campaign identifier then you should see your campaign string be populated into s.campaign.

If it is undefined then it’s likely that either the wrong identifier is being used or the code has not been deployed. If you are able to share url either here or DM I can take a look?

Employee Advisor

Search the source code on your site for getQueryParam. You should be able to find the campaign variable, and it will tell you which query string parameter it is getting assigned to within the method's argument.

Alternatively, you can share your site URL and we can check out how Analytics was implemented.

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

If you're using Adobe Launch as your tag manager:

1. Open the Adobe Analytics extension.
  2. Expand the "Global variables" section.
  3. Under "Additional settings", look for the "Campaign" subsection. It might look like this:

Screenshot 2021-02-10 at 10.17.46 AM.png