Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

How to check if dimension equals other dimension?

Level 1

Hi all, I'm trying to create a segment to differentiate between whether a visit clicked save car on the car on the carpage or from a recommendation. To accomplish this, I want to create a segment where prop5 = stocknum of carp on carpage. However, I only get the option to check if prop5 equals a string value. How do I create an equality test for if prop5 equals stocknum of car on carpage, which is another dimension?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

I don't believe this is possible inside Workspace at this time.. I would love that feature too (I highly suggest you post that as an idea and I will be your first upvote!)

However, I think for right now, you will like have to take this outside of workspace... Possibly using Report Builder in Excel (and using VBA to check through data an report on it), or maybe create a Data Warehouse export of relevant data and process it in a SQL program; or even use Raw Data Feeds to process the data via SQL (note on this, the Raw Data feeds are really raw, and you will need to process the data to make sure it excludes data that shouldn't be included in your reports - this is a big task if you are just starting).

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

I don't believe this is possible inside Workspace at this time.. I would love that feature too (I highly suggest you post that as an idea and I will be your first upvote!)

However, I think for right now, you will like have to take this outside of workspace... Possibly using Report Builder in Excel (and using VBA to check through data an report on it), or maybe create a Data Warehouse export of relevant data and process it in a SQL program; or even use Raw Data Feeds to process the data via SQL (note on this, the Raw Data feeds are really raw, and you will need to process the data to make sure it excludes data that shouldn't be included in your reports - this is a big task if you are just starting).