Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

How to calculate unique product views per logged-in unique visitor?

Level 6

How to calculate unique product views per logged-in unique visitor?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

You should be able to do a calculated metric using the Approximate Count Distinct function...

Approximate Count Distinct

Product

÷

Container - Segment (UV ID Exists)

Logged in UV ID

(this is assuming you are tracking an ID or GUID for your Unique Logged in Users)

The inclusion of the segment (simple Hit Level Segment where UV ID exists) ensures that you don't count all the UVs without an ID as a single user in your distinct count logic.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

You should be able to do a calculated metric using the Approximate Count Distinct function...

Product

÷

Logged in UV ID

(this is assuming you are tracking an ID or GUID for your Unique Logged in Users)

The inclusion of the segment (simple Hit Level Segment where UV ID exists) ensures that you don't count all the UVs without an ID as a single user in your distinct count logic.

I'm trying to do something similar and this solution appears wrong to me.

This would give you the ratio if products to unique visitors.

E.g. if the site had 100 products - let's assume all of them occurred in a prodview in the time range - and 1000 Visitors, you'd get a value of 0.1.

In the user's scenario, you might be able to approximate the ratio they actually want by creating a calculated metric for the average of the above metric and adding it to a table with the GUID dimension.

But otherwise, I think the general solution should be that it's not possible to calculate unique values of a dimension per visit/visitor for anything other than Pages per Visit (using the OOTB Visit Depth dimension).

Community Advisor

You're right.

It probably should have been more:

Product Views

÷

Logged in UV ID

(Assuming that Product Views was only triggering where needed - or that could be swapped out with a custom metric that fires on the product detail page, or whatever is being considered a "view")