Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

how to bucket other regions referring traffic to Internal Traffic bucket.

Level 2

it will great if any one can assist how can we classify traffic to internal traffic channel which are coming from different regions.

ex: for us region i am getting traffic from UK,Canada..etc but those traffic i need to classify as a internal traffic instead off  referring domains channel.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

@Maheswar_Reddy - If the traffic from UK, Canada is from different sites - you can easily add those domains to the Internal URL filters of the report suite settings. If the site is same for traffic from UK, Canada, etc., I'm not 100% sure but I don't think it is possible to segregate those as internal traffic in the Traffic Sources report - though you can use the IPs and exclude those in reporting (using segment) or create a Virtual Report Suite excluding that traffic altogether.

Hope that makes sense!

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

@Maheswar_Reddy - If the traffic from UK, Canada is from different sites - you can easily add those domains to the Internal URL filters of the report suite settings. If the site is same for traffic from UK, Canada, etc., I'm not 100% sure but I don't think it is possible to segregate those as internal traffic in the Traffic Sources report - though you can use the IPs and exclude those in reporting (using segment) or create a Virtual Report Suite excluding that traffic altogether.

Hope that makes sense!

Level 2

"If the traffic from UK, Canada is from different sites " @Ishan_Sinha_  we have different report suites for different countries. 

Ex: for US report suite we are getting referral traffic from Canada, UK, France..from other region so i just want bucket  those  traffic into internal /Session Refresh channel instead of referring domains

Employee Advisor

In that case, I'd recommend that you use IPs and segment out those traffic or use VRS with segment to exclude that in the reporting. I don't think it's possible to move those traffic to Internal/Session Refresh.