Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

How do you bucket the visits number

Level 1

Hi 

I'm sure this is not an original question but I can't find my answer anywhere yet!

How do you bucket the existing "visits number" dimension in a new dimension laid out as such...

1-5 visits

6-20 visits

20-50 visits

50-100 visits

100+ visits

Thanks
Sachin

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Dear Sachin,

If it is a prop or an eVar or the important dimensions such as Page Name, Campaign, Server, etc, you can create Classifications, however, the only option to group 'Visits Number' is using segmentation.

After the introduction of 'equals any of', creating segments for a group of line items became easy, so create segments like below.

Visit Number 1-5: Hit container with Visit Number equals any of Visit Number 1, Visit Number 2, Visit Number 3, Visit Number 4, Visit Number 5.

Visit Number 6-10: Hit container with Visit Number equals any of Visit Number 6, Visit Number 7, Visit Number 8, Visit Number 9, Visit Number 10.

And so on. The last (Visit Number 100+) can be the exclusion all the above,

I dont think any other possibility right now on my understanding.

Thank You, Pratheep Arun Raj B | Xerago | Terryn Winter Analytics

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Dear Sachin,

If it is a prop or an eVar or the important dimensions such as Page Name, Campaign, Server, etc, you can create Classifications, however, the only option to group 'Visits Number' is using segmentation.

After the introduction of 'equals any of', creating segments for a group of line items became easy, so create segments like below.

Visit Number 1-5: Hit container with Visit Number equals any of Visit Number 1, Visit Number 2, Visit Number 3, Visit Number 4, Visit Number 5.

Visit Number 6-10: Hit container with Visit Number equals any of Visit Number 6, Visit Number 7, Visit Number 8, Visit Number 9, Visit Number 10.

And so on. The last (Visit Number 100+) can be the exclusion all the above,

I dont think any other possibility right now on my understanding.

Thank You, Pratheep Arun Raj B | Xerago | Terryn Winter Analytics