Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

How do I create fallout calculated metric?

Level 3

The ultimate goal here is to show a table of 200 geographic business units with their fallout % at each step of the purchase process so we can look for anomalies. In a fallout chart I can add the business units and show the comparison in the chart but more than 10 at a time is too much. 

e30powar_0-1597337009681.png

So how could i get it to something like this? The CSV export doesn't provide the columns & rows properly besides the fact that adding 200 BUs to the chart for export is not possible. 

e30powar_1-1597337391457.png

Building a free form table doesn't work because it's not using the logic of eventual path so the table has a higher visitor counts. If I could get the count of unique visitors by page name as eventual path then I could calculate the percentages myself.  

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 3

So after I wrote this, cathartic I guess, I figured out what to do. Check this out, by creating segments for each step and including each successive step in each segment I was able to match counts. 

e30powar_0-1597340283241.png

The segment for step 2 looks like this:

e30powar_1-1597340513508.png

Then by the 5th segment I have 5 page names. What's cool about this is I can set the segments to "Then Within" 1 visit, day, week etc.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 3

So after I wrote this, cathartic I guess, I figured out what to do. Check this out, by creating segments for each step and including each successive step in each segment I was able to match counts. 

e30powar_0-1597340283241.png

The segment for step 2 looks like this:

e30powar_1-1597340513508.png

Then by the 5th segment I have 5 page names. What's cool about this is I can set the segments to "Then Within" 1 visit, day, week etc.

Level 1

Nice. Your scope is visitor, which is pretty extensive by looking at a sales/checkout funnel.

Have you tried/checked the numbers by setting the scope to visit or even hit (which would we the most restrictive funnel).