Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

How do I collect multiple Dynamic Media Events in Launch and send in a single beacon?

Level 1

I have pages with several dynamic media viewers.  Each viewer triggers a separate LOAD event upon page load.  I am integrating Dynamic Media Viewers with Adobe Analytics and Experience Platform Launch

Is it possible to collect all of the LOAD events from each of the dynamic media viewers on the page and send them as part of the page view call?

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

I don't think it's possible.

I'm not familiar with Dynamic Media, but based on my reading of how it works, it implies that media assets can be loaded at any time after the browser has loaded the web page. In that case, there is no guaranteed way for you to know when the last media asset has loaded.

Even if you were able to detect when the last media asset is loaded, it could happen long after the browser has loaded the web page. In that case, you'd be delaying your pageview tag for a long time. That increases the risk that the user could navigate away from the web page before your pageview has been tracked, thus causing you to lose data about your users at that page.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

I don't think it's possible.

I'm not familiar with Dynamic Media, but based on my reading of how it works, it implies that media assets can be loaded at any time after the browser has loaded the web page. In that case, there is no guaranteed way for you to know when the last media asset has loaded.

Even if you were able to detect when the last media asset is loaded, it could happen long after the browser has loaded the web page. In that case, you'd be delaying your pageview tag for a long time. That increases the risk that the user could navigate away from the web page before your pageview has been tracked, thus causing you to lose data about your users at that page.

Level 1

Fortunately, my system is built on a SPA architecture and already depends on a direct call that fires when the page is loaded.  So I am not concerned about ensuring all viewers are loaded.  

Instead, I am more concerned about increasing my Adobe bill 3x since every page will have multiple viewers.  

Community Advisor
Is there a way to turn off tracking for Dynamic Media events?