Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Have to find out number of clicks through particular page

Level 1

Hi,

I have Page A, B & C. On Page C, I have couple of buttons where I implemented click tracking. And users can reach Page C from both Page A & B. I want to differentiate between the number of button clicks on Page C, whether it comes from Page A or B.

I want to get like Page A --> Page C --> Button clicks

Page B --> Page C --> Button clicks

How do I get this is in Analytics & How to implement this as well?

Regards,

Magesh

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

You can use a Flow visualisation. You can mix-and-match dimensions in this visualisation. So the first 2 steps of the Flow could be page A and page C, then the 3rd step is the Custom Link for your click.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

You can use a Flow visualisation. You can mix-and-match dimensions in this visualisation. So the first 2 steps of the Flow could be page A and page C, then the 3rd step is the Custom Link for your click.

Level 1
I am not able mix multiple dimentions. I am able to add only one dimension at either entry or exit point. If i add one, it's getting visualized and not able to add another dimension.

Community Advisor
I am definitely able to mix-and-match different dimensions in the same Flow visualisation. Can you post a screenshot showing where you're stuck with this visualisation?

Level 1

You can create a 'Visit' level segment, specifying that:

Page equals 'Page A'

THEN 

Page equals 'Page C'.  

Additionally, in the 'THEN' clause, you can set that 'Page C' condition is on the next hit of 'Page A' if you are interested in this tight scenario.

Use the segment to filter the metric you want. Create a similar segment for Page B.

Employee Advisor

I will assume you are recording button clicks in a Custom Event (Page diemension will not record Custom Links). You can use a segment as below and use it in a report with the customer event (metric).

Khurshid_Alam_0-1622036973713.png