Expand my Community achievements bar.

Webinar: Adobe Customer Journey Analytics Product Innovations: A Quarterly Overview. Come learn for the Adobe Analytics Product team who will be covering AJO reporting, Graph-based Stitching, guided analysis for CJA, and more!
SOLVED

Has anyone used the app measurement variables to go into websdk as a websdk variable for AEP ?

Level 4

Hello everyone, 
Has anyone used adobe's app measurement "s" variable and mapped it to the "_data" variable in WebSDK ? 
I have successfully done the above part using the method Rajdeepsingh posted https://medium.com/@rajd33p/web-sdk-for-adobe-analytics-the-best-possible-way-to-collect-data-6a54a9...

gmadala_0-1727752001646.pnggmadala_1-1727752026749.png

, however now I would like to send this to to AEP through a datastream so that I can eventually use it in CJA. 
I do not want to use the Adobe analytics experience event template schema, rather want to use something custom schema but wasnt sure how the product string and other variables would be designed. Has anyone successfully implemented anything of this sort ? 
Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Thanks

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @gmadala 

Adobe is actually also discouraging you from using their _experience.analytics fieldgroup if you intend to use CJA in the near future.

What exactly are you trying to to with your data.__adobe.analytics data then, since it is mostly useful if you want to automatically map this data to AA through a datastream.

Maybe this is helpful

https://medium.com/@rajd33p/adobe-analytics-to-adobe-experience-platform-your-guide-to-the-next-best...

it contains a pretty cool flowchart that maybe lays out some more options

bjoern__koth_0-1727805698721.png

Cheers from Switzerland!

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi @gmadala 

let aside CJA for a moment: how does your current setup look like?

Meaning

• do you have a datastream set up yet with Adobe Analytics connected to it?
  • do you have Web SDK in place, sending information to this datastream? Is your custom code part of an update variable Web SDK action?

The data.__adobe.analytics in your screenshot should - when send in a Web SDK request - automatically get mapped to the corresponding Adobe Analytics props/eVars/events/list1/products (you may want to append an "s" to your "s.product")

Cheers from Switzerland!

Level 4

Hello @bjoern__koth , 
I dint make any changes for my adobe analytics data collection method, rather added an additional action to update the websdk variable and send the event to AEP datastream. 
I do not have a adobe analytics datastream and do not intend to have one according to my strategy. 
I just have the websdk variable data._adobe.analytics that has the custom code of s.product or s.evar etc. 
I now need to understand what schema would work better because I do not want to use the adobe analytics experience schema

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @gmadala 

Adobe is actually also discouraging you from using their _experience.analytics fieldgroup if you intend to use CJA in the near future.

What exactly are you trying to to with your data.__adobe.analytics data then, since it is mostly useful if you want to automatically map this data to AA through a datastream.

Maybe this is helpful

https://medium.com/@rajd33p/adobe-analytics-to-adobe-experience-platform-your-guide-to-the-next-best...

it contains a pretty cool flowchart that maybe lays out some more options

bjoern__koth_0-1727805698721.png

Cheers from Switzerland!

Level 4

You are absolutely right. I do not have a AA datastream for now. 
My current efforts are to make sure the data lands into AEP through websdk but instead of the XDM{} data variable I thought ill use the data{} because its easier to send it with existing appmeasurement custom code. 
Though the data{} will not automatically land into the AEP but is there a possibility I could use dataprep to do it.  

Community Advisor

yes, you are right. it is just context data that must be mapped in data prep onto your XDM fieldgroup to make it usable.

you can do so in the datastream configuration.

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/en/docs/experience-platform/datastreams/data-prep

for another client I use the data prep to map the ECID to a specific analytics eVar (using the _experience.analytics fieldgroup)

Cheers from Switzerland!