Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcement: Calling all learners and mentors! Applications are now open for the Adobe Analytics 2024 Mentorship Program! Come learn from the best to prepare for an official certification in Adobe Analytics.
SOLVED

Guidelines for MarTech Estimates (Analytics + Target + Campaign + Journey Optimizer)

Level 2

Hi All,

I am looking for an estimation guideline which can help determine the industry standard estimates for Adobe analytics, Target, Campaign and Journey Optimizer against the ecommerce development estimates. 

I understand there may not be a straight forward answer and all these estimates can vary as per the actual requirements, However based on the past experience and implementation in various project if you can provide a guidance that there can be a % effort in range (like 20-30%) or more or less of the development effort in your experience than we can apply the same for a high level effort estimation with appropriate caveats. 

Also, if Adobe has any recommendation for estimating the effort in MarTech space that will also be a great help.

Appreciate your inputs/feedback/answers to this query.

Best Regards,

Vipin 

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

The best way to get an estimate is to reach out to Adobe sales. This is because there can be several price points depending on your usage of those products. And from what I've heard, Adobe is open to negotiations 

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

The best way to get an estimate is to reach out to Adobe sales. This is because there can be several price points depending on your usage of those products. And from what I've heard, Adobe is open to negotiations 

Level 2

Thanks for the quick response. 

From the product/license perspective, we already have the subscriptions for these products. What we are looking is on the implementation side, with upcoming work for development/enhancement and with very high level scope understanding, what is the estimated effort we can estimate against the development team is providing. 

For example, if development team has given 100 story points for dev work, can we estimate like 30% of that for MarTech work? or it is  lower side of range or should estimate like 50% of dev work for MarTech implementation?

Community Advisor

I am not sure what you mean, at least in my company, we don't "set aside" story points for any one type of development.. each sprint we look at what tickets are in the queue, do a pointing session to estimate how many points each ticket should take... Some times we will have a lot of small 1 point tickets, other times we may have a few large 5 or 8 point tickets.... 

Then the Delivery Manager and Team decide, based on priority and need (as well as which team members are able to take on the tasks), which tickets will be included in the Sprint.

Sometimes the dev work will be heavily skewed to MarTech, other times not.... there really is no specific % of work dedicated per Sprint... 

Community Advisor

@vipinfkumar sorry, I had misunderstood what had been meant by "estimate".