Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

group page load time by seconds using classification rule builder

Level 1

Hi There,

Is there a best practice to group pageload time by seconds using the classification rule builder?

Thanks

Mathu

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi,

You could use Regular Expressions to group your pageload times. Reference to using Regex in classifications is given here - https://marketing.adobe.com/resources/help/en_US/reference/regex_classification_rules.html

The expressing you can use can look something like '\d+\.' which would remove everything after the decimal and would let you include all the range.

Thanks!

TM

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi,

You could use Regular Expressions to group your pageload times. Reference to using Regex in classifications is given here - https://marketing.adobe.com/resources/help/en_US/reference/regex_classification_rules.html

The expressing you can use can look something like '\d+\.' which would remove everything after the decimal and would let you include all the range.

Thanks!

TM

Level 3

Hi Tanmay

so I capture my page load time in s.prop traffic variable. and I'm not really sure how can I group the page load time output of the s.prop using classification rule builder.

I think what I'm straggling with is how to the rule which prop values to capture!?

Your help is highly appreciated

Thanks

Mahmoud

Employee Advisor

Hi Mahmoud,

What buckets are you trying to group into? One Minute? or 5 minutes, or bigger?

For this, I would recommend an import to be better than rule builder since:

1. It will be lot less effort

2. Help with analyzing historical data

Let me know if you need more explanation.

Level 3

Hello Hyderziaee

sorry for my late response.

im trying to group them with the following categories:

0-5 sec

5-15 sec

15-30 sec

30-45 sec

45 sec - 1 min

more than 1 min

can you please give more details around the importer you are talking about?