Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Getting name of custom Link call (pev2)

Level 3

Is there a way to access the name of the current custom link (pev2) call at a page level from the s_code?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi Michael,

That would be rather difficult to obtain, as the custom link name is initiated when the s.tl() function fires. Once it fires, generally that means they clicked on something and you're on your way to a different page.

If you're firing an s.tl() function without navigating away from the page, I suppose you could access the returned image request asset and search for the pev2 query string. That's how the DigitalPulse Debugger works; using similar logic wouldn't be a problem.

---
If this answer was helpful, mark it with a 'heart'. If it answered your question, mark it correct.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi Michael,

That would be rather difficult to obtain, as the custom link name is initiated when the s.tl() function fires. Once it fires, generally that means they clicked on something and you're on your way to a different page.

If you're firing an s.tl() function without navigating away from the page, I suppose you could access the returned image request asset and search for the pev2 query string. That's how the DigitalPulse Debugger works; using similar logic wouldn't be a problem.

---
If this answer was helpful, mark it with a 'heart'. If it answered your question, mark it correct.