Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Calculated Metrics Issue

Level 1

I am trying to setup an alert on a calculated metric.  Our Discount Rate is currently a calculated metric (Discount/Revenue).  When I pull up the calculated metric report and create an alert on this to alert hourly when it reaches 10% (I have tried both settings % changes by and Is Above or Equals).  I don't want it to compare to any other day or week I want it to look at the rate for that hour only. Any ideas on how to setup the report if that is required and alert?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Thanks for the information. I was able to reproduce the issue. Looks like hourly Alerts do not respect metric values. Please create an incident with ClientCare so that we can further dig into the issue.

Thanks

Khurshid

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Level 10

Hi Robin,

Thanks for reaching out to Adobe Community.

You can setup the is above or equals alert. This way when  the Discount Rate reaches 10% it will send an alert. Please make sure you are within the report to set an alert as alerts are report specific.

See: 

https://marketing.adobe.com/resources/help/en_US/sc/user/alerts.html

Thanks!

Employee Advisor

Robin,

I created an hourly Alert for a calculated metric and it works fine for me. I have attached a screen shot where you can see I have just used a number instead of %. Let me know if that works for you. If you still see issues, provide the formula for the calculated metric and I will test at my end.

Thanks

Khurshid

Level 1

Our calculated metric is Discount divided by Revenue.  I have tried to set up the alert as you have it and it still fires all hours.  example.

discount is $50  Revenue is $3887  So rate for that hour is 1.29%  we only want it to alert when it is over 8% for that hour not every hour or a change from last year numbers.

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Thanks for the information. I was able to reproduce the issue. Looks like hourly Alerts do not respect metric values. Please create an incident with ClientCare so that we can further dig into the issue.

Thanks

Khurshid