Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Getting a "max_runtime_exceeded" error when running a report on Adobe API v.14

Level 1

Running a report in Adobe's version 1.4 API and I'm getting this error

400 Client Error: Bad Request for url: https://api.omniture.com/admin/1.4/rest/?method=Report.Get { "error": "max_runtime_exceeded", "error_description": "Report exceeded maximum runtime of 48 hours"

We're currently using four metrics ["visitors", "visits", "orders", "revenue"] and three elements ["lasttouchchannel", "product", "prop1"] with a day granularity. We're requesting for one day at a time so we cannot request less data. 

Our clients also cannot pull the data from the dashboard saying, "We cannot create the same granularity using Adobe Analytics Workspace. Furthermore, if we try to use the Data Warehouse option, we receive an unjustified error."

If anyone can help suggest a way to get around this, please let me know.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Weird... no.... but it does make things difficult

I don't suppose your clients can open a ticket with you on the CC list?

The thing is, ClientCare is going to need to know the organization and company where the API call is being run so that they can investigate... so having an admin that can open the ticket and give approvals if they want to do any resets or if they want to test another API call is going to be important.... 

This of course puts you in a difficult position, since you can't access the tickets directly..... I wonder if @VaniBhemarasetty or @Gigazelle have any suggestions on how to get support without direct access to the Admin Console.....

View solution in original post

12 Replies

Community Advisor

API calls shouldn't take that long to run... it sounds like something is getting stuck. You may need to contact client care, who can look into the specific API request and help identify the issue.

Good Luck.

Community Advisor

You will have to reach out to your organization's admin user. Tickets can only be logged by admins (to make sure that requests are vetted at each organization before coming to Adobe's support)

This may be kind of weird, but we're a third party that pulls data on behalf of our clients, so we don't have organizational access to AdobeConsole. Or at least we don't anymore. Is there any way to get support without it?

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Weird... no.... but it does make things difficult

I don't suppose your clients can open a ticket with you on the CC list?

The thing is, ClientCare is going to need to know the organization and company where the API call is being run so that they can investigate... so having an admin that can open the ticket and give approvals if they want to do any resets or if they want to test another API call is going to be important.... 

This of course puts you in a difficult position, since you can't access the tickets directly..... I wonder if @VaniBhemarasetty or @Gigazelle have any suggestions on how to get support without direct access to the Admin Console.....

Employee Advisor

Jennifer is correct. You'll either need to obtain access to the customer care portal through an admin in the organization you're helping, or have a user create a ticket on your behalf and CC you on it.

Employee Advisor

@ChannelMixEngineer  Better to you Analytics API 2.0 version, which is the latest version and it has more upper limits. 

Also as @Jennifer_Dungan It is quite possible that the API queue might have got stuck, which happens when the threshold has reached for your company. Client care can assist you on which reports and users are hits the threshold and clear the queue accordingly if required

Hi! How can I contact client care?

Also, we're working on porting to Analytics API 2.0 but for this specific client we're not able to get certain custom metrics from the API 2.0 that we get in API 1.4. 

Employee Advisor

Which metrics are you not able to get? The 2.0 API should be able to pull any report that the 1.4 API can.

Level 1

The metrics we cannot get are what we think is client-defined metrics such as "'cm300007275_5c2d35ced0d77c24f0b93113'" if there was a more private thread, I could include more detailed information about what we're trying to get.