Expand my Community achievements bar.

Webinar: Adobe Customer Journey Analytics Product Innovations: A Quarterly Overview. Come learn for the Adobe Analytics Product team who will be covering AJO reporting, Graph-based Stitching, guided analysis for CJA, and more!
SOLVED

Get SC logs to see how many reports each user ran in SC interface via REST API

Community Advisor

Hi,

I am trying to get the logs that you can obtain under STAR >> ADMIN TOOLS >> LOGS >> USAGE AND ACCESS LOGS from the SC interface.
We need to create a report that will show how many reports each user viewed during a period of time.

When you run the report in SC you obtain the following URL at the top : https://sc.omniture.com/p/am/1.3/index.html?a=Logs.GetUsageLogUI&ssS...

As you can see there is Logs.GetUsageLogUI. I was hoping that by using the REST API I would be able to extract this data by calling : Logs.GetUsageLogUI.

I used the following code :

private static void getLogs() throws IOException{
Map<String, Object> request = new HashMap<String, Object>();
request.put("date_from","2013-11-16");
request.put("date_to","2013-11-20");
request.put("login","obellot");
request.put("login","obellot");
request.put("dll_csv","0");
request.put("usage_search","Search");
request.put("perm_sort","timestamp");
String response = OMTR_REST.callMethod("Logs.GetUsageLogUI", JSONObject.fromObject(request).toString());
System.out.println(response);}

I am getting the following error : Exception in thread "main" java.io.FileNotFoundException: https://api.omniture.com/admin/1.3/rest/?method=Logs.GetUsageLogUI

My questions :

1.Is it at all possible to extract the logs by using Logs.GetUsageLogUI or any othere method ?
2.If it is possible how can I do that ?

Best regards.

Alexis Cazes

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

I think this is now possible based on the following Usage Analytics in Workspace

. Via the API

First, watch this video to learn how to setup 2.0 API calls and find your global company ID. Then, use the following API methods:

NOTE: The eventType usage log field will be numeric; translate it to a string with this lookup tablebefore uploading.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

I think this is now possible based on the following Usage Analytics in Workspace

. Via the API

First, watch this video to learn how to setup 2.0 API calls and find your global company ID. Then, use the following API methods:

NOTE: The eventType usage log field will be numeric; translate it to a string with this lookup tablebefore uploading.