Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

Get MCVID from mobile app SDK

Level 2

Hi,

we've implemented the mobile app SDK and are now transferring and aligning context data to the appropriate eVars in AA. We used to track the Marketing Cloud Visitor ID from our websites for exporting reasons and I simply don't know which context data element to use to get the same value from the app. Is it simply not available or am I just not seeing it?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 2

Is this really working exactly the same way with the Mobile App SDK?

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Community Advisor

It's not available.... I had to get our developers create a custom context variable to pass the information so that I could map it in Processing Rules......

Level 2

Would that mean using the "getTrackingIdentifier" functionality?

Employee Advisor

@chrisludwig87 You should pass the MID in your track state and tract action calls by calling this function "getMarketingCloudVisitorID"  and populate in a context data variable and map it to an eVar using processing rules 

Below is the reference for the same 

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/id-service/using/id-service-api/methods/getmcvid.html?lang=e...

Correct answer by
Level 2

Is this really working exactly the same way with the Mobile App SDK?