Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

First 'n' visits in multiple visits for a visitor

Level 1

Hi,

Suppose a visitor makes multiple visits to the platform. I want to capture what he/she did in the first 'n' visits. I tried building a sequential segment using Only Before Sequence, but I don't think it was correct. For example, if a visitor makes 6 visits, I want to capture the data of his/her first 2 visits only. 

Visit Number would also not work directly as these visitors are mature visitors (please suggest if there is a way to do it also).

Please let me know if there are ways to do it or if more details are required

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 3

Hi @NitishJ 

You can try using "Visit Number" dimension while creating such segment, as per the example provided if you want to segment data for first 2 visits only, 

You can add condition in a segment  at visitor level as "visit number" less than equal to 2, along with the other required conditions within your segment.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 3

Hi @NitishJ 

You can try using "Visit Number" dimension while creating such segment, as per the example provided if you want to segment data for first 2 visits only, 

You can add condition in a segment  at visitor level as "visit number" less than equal to 2, along with the other required conditions within your segment.

Level 1

Hi @sucagarw, apologies that I didn't put this out clearly. I meant visits for a visitor within a specific time period. For example, for all visits that a visitor made between 1st September-9th September, I need to check data for his first 'n' visits in this time period. Visit Number would not work because it's a universal counter for a visitor including all his visits irrespective of the time period (please correct me if there is a way here).

One possible solution that I've found is using two sequential segments using only after this. The first one for n visits and the second one for n + 1 visits and excluding the second segment.

Please let me know if there are more feasible and optimized solutions to this.