Expand my Community achievements bar.

Finding Unique count of an event using first party id and not ECID

Level 1

Is there a way to find the unique count of an event based of first party id instead of ECID.

For example: If the event is triggered every time user performs an interaction like page view. I want to see how many times have known users (based of Hashed First Party Ids) have visited the page. If i create a visitor scope segment for this it would consider all UVs based of their ECID and tell me the count based off unique visitors. However I'm wishing to get this count for each known user instead.

Thanks

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

2 Replies

Employee

Hey, @hs_vk1, Not sure if this would be possible. As per my understanding, First-party IDs (FPIDs) are device IDs generated, managed, and stored by you, and they give you control over identifying user devices. It is only used for seeding ECID, and at the end, the identifier used by Adobe Solution would be ECID. An FPID can be deterministically translated into an ECID by the Edge Network.

But let's see if someone has more insights.

Level 7

think of using a custom dimension, such as an eVar, to capture the first-party ID [userid /customer id in case not using server side FPID] and then apply that dimension to your event reporting.

- consider eVar as the identified not ECID 

eVar would be a dimension on reporting for the unique count