Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcement: Calling all learners and mentors! Applications are now open for the Adobe Analytics 2024 Mentorship Program! Come learn from the best to prepare for an official certification in Adobe Analytics.
SOLVED

Fetch Multiple Dimentions using Adobe Analytics Reporting 2.0 API

Level 3

Hi Everyone,

I am able to generate JSON object for single dimension. But unable to get 1 object for multiple dimension

When I use debugger in workspace > select Freeform table > select timestamp its generating only 1 response which has very limited values in object. Even though I have selected a week date range.

Thanks,

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Do you have multiple breakdowns in your table? I believe that API 2.0, in order to return data immediately (instead of how API 1.3 and 1.4 worked, where the request first was placed into a queue that had to be repeatedly checked for the request to be complete, after that finished, only then could you query the actual report - which was slow, and sometimes got stuck), API 2.0 has to make multiple calls, one for each breakdown... they need to be run in order... so if on a fresh report load, if there are multiple timestamps, you will have to get all the API calls and run them in order....

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Do you have multiple breakdowns in your table? I believe that API 2.0, in order to return data immediately (instead of how API 1.3 and 1.4 worked, where the request first was placed into a queue that had to be repeatedly checked for the request to be complete, after that finished, only then could you query the actual report - which was slow, and sometimes got stuck), API 2.0 has to make multiple calls, one for each breakdown... they need to be run in order... so if on a fresh report load, if there are multiple timestamps, you will have to get all the API calls and run them in order....

Level 3

Thanks @Jennifer_Dungan. Yes I have multiple breakdown in my table.

API 2.0 has to make multiple calls, one for each breakdown - So for each time stamp it is showing different object with limited values. As an example my freeform table has 3 dimensions day, product, and user ID and but when i try to create JSON object its not showing complete data for each request.

We need 1 object which shows complete value for each time stamp. Do i need to create it manually 1 object with all value for each time stamp. Could you please share any document for reference.

Community Advisor

Hmm... it's been a few years since I used API 2.0 (basically it was in a lab at 2019 Summit, when the API was new, and a few times using the online Swagger). That was where they showed us the debug trick (and it returned the same data as the freeform from what I remember)

Here is where I normally go for API related documentation (and also a place to test calls) https://developer.adobe.com/analytics-apis/docs/2.0/apis/

Community Advisor

@mrgupta can elaborate more on

So for each time stamp it is showing different object with limited values. As an example my freeform table has 3 dimensions day, product, and user ID and but when i try to create JSON object its not showing complete data for each request.

The API 2.0 model is iterative and there is simply no way to have multiple dimensions in one single call. However, if we can understand more about the challenge and perhaps that can be things to be done on parameters on each call to give you some complete data.