Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Feature Request - Max, Min etc of a metric

Level 2

Hi,

Would it be possible to get something in place within Workbench which allows a max/min etc capability ? This would work in the same way as total( ) but would obviously be max ( ) . There is already a max, but this does the maximum of two different metrics rather than the maximum of a single metric.

Why would this be useful ? - I'm doing some indexing to bring together differing metrics that all have different scales, I'm doing this (in excel) by index to max, but I can't see anyway to do this within Workbench. It would be very useful and timesaving to have this feature. If its easy to do it would be very useful to have extensive options min ( ) , avg ( ) , upper quartile ( ) lower quartile ( ) etc etc

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 6

If you saw the 'derived metrics' session at summit you can do most of this in Ad-Hoc currently and it's moving to analytics in one of the next few releases.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 6

If you saw the 'derived metrics' session at summit you can do most of this in Ad-Hoc currently and it's moving to analytics in one of the next few releases.

Level 2

Thanks for the quick reply, yes I saw there was additional metric ability in Ad Hoc (what was discover) , when you say "analytics in one of the next few releases" , do you mean workbench ? That's great news if this is coming in the next few releases it will be great to have the capability

Level 6

Was hoping for Adobe to reply but from what I heard at summit (if you have access the session playback is available for Adobe Analytics: Unveiling derived metrics (S314) they did say May... but most things in analytics are already in workbench or you can ask adobe about when this is happening.