Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Fallout vs Freeform table data

Level 3

I have a form for which the form steps are captured using an event (metric).

on seeing the form steps in fallout visualization (taking visitors) vs seeing the form steps in table builder /freeform table, As numbers are different for both visualization (which is obvious), how do we interpret or understand or use that data? 

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

It's not as straightforward as putting the metrics (or dimensions) in a freeform table vs a fallout visualisation and expecting the numbers to match.

I created a simple 2-step Visitor-based fallout from my data, then built a segment from the 2nd step's green area, i.e. proportion of visitors who had moved from page A to page B. This was the resulting segment:

yuhuisg_0-1673937938778.png

Notice the "THEN" operator. So AA is actually using sequential segments for its fallout visualisation, which implies that it's only reporting on visitors who were at page A and then went on to page B.

On the other hand, a freeform table would simply report the number of visitors at page A and the number of visitors at page B. And for page B, it would report on visitors who had not been to page A prior to going to page B.

So the sequence is key.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Community Advisor

Build segments from the fallout visualisation: right-click on a step, and click the menu item for building the segment. In the segment builder interface, you can then see how AA builds its segment to use in the fallout. That can inform you about how to build your freeform table appropriately to get the same results as your fallout.

Level 3

jane_120_0-1673934056819.png

I got your point but how do we make use of data in this way, same form, same steps (metric) data is different and will be.

In this case, data will be different for freeform as it's counting the clicks and not visitors and fallout taking count of visitors.

I hope I'm understanding it correctly, correct me if I am wrong

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

It's not as straightforward as putting the metrics (or dimensions) in a freeform table vs a fallout visualisation and expecting the numbers to match.

I created a simple 2-step Visitor-based fallout from my data, then built a segment from the 2nd step's green area, i.e. proportion of visitors who had moved from page A to page B. This was the resulting segment:

yuhuisg_0-1673937938778.png

Notice the "THEN" operator. So AA is actually using sequential segments for its fallout visualisation, which implies that it's only reporting on visitors who were at page A and then went on to page B.

On the other hand, a freeform table would simply report the number of visitors at page A and the number of visitors at page B. And for page B, it would report on visitors who had not been to page A prior to going to page B.

So the sequence is key.

Level 3

okay, now I get a better understanding of it.

Thank you for the brief explanation.