Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Fallout Visualization: Prop vs eVar

Level 2

Hi

I am trying to figure out the conversion rate of our customers using fallout visualization in the workspace.

But when I make the fallout chart I get different results with prop and evar.

I understand the difference between eVar and prop(persisted/non-persisted one).

I just wonder which one is suitable when I want to know the conversion rate between pages.

I thought I should use eVar when I check conversion-related data.

However, because the container of the fallout visualization is 'visitor', I worry that the data with eVar could include unintended data.

+)

Is it possible to use the entry prop dimension(pathing enabled prop) for fallout(or flow) visualization?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

The most suitable dimension depends on your reporting needs.

I think that the most suitable one for you is based on when the dimension gets set in the tracking code, i.e. instances. In that case, the default behaviour should work of not including repeat instances for you. To double-check this setting, click the gear icon in your Flow visualisation, then verify that the "Include repeat instances" checkbox is unchecked.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

The most suitable dimension depends on your reporting needs.

I think that the most suitable one for you is based on when the dimension gets set in the tracking code, i.e. instances. In that case, the default behaviour should work of not including repeat instances for you. To double-check this setting, click the gear icon in your Flow visualisation, then verify that the "Include repeat instances" checkbox is unchecked.

Level 8
Level 8

try to create segment by using an eVar and eVar instances exists.

Then you shall see same or very similar number compare to Prop.

e.g.

test 1: create fall-out using Prop on Pagename

test 2: create fall-out using eVar on Pagename

test 3: create fall-out using eVar Pagename AND eVar Pagename Instances exist

IMO you will see very close number compare to 3 and 1.

Then I think you can decide which is your preferred way to use.