Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Extensions: "Adobe Experience Cloud Debugger" and "Adobe Experience Platform Debugger" not working

Community Advisor

Dear All,

Adobe has 2 extensions as mentioned below:

1. Adobe Experience Cloud Debugger https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/adobe-experience-cloud-de/ocdmogmohccmeicdhlhhgepeaijenapj 
  2. Adobe Experience Platform Debugger https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/adobe-experience-platform/bfnnokhpnncpkdmbokanobigaccjkpob 

Currently both the extensions are not clickable also not working. Could you please help.

kamleshmaddheshiya_0-1654681855610.png

kamleshmaddheshiya_1-1654681951015.png

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Please verify if beacons / hits / network requests are even being sent from your browser properly.

1. In a browser window, open your browser's console and toggle to the "Network" console.
  2. Open your web page. The Network console should fill up with lots of network requests.
  3. Filter the Network console for "b/ss". All Adobe Analytics hits include "b/ss" in their URLs.

If you don't see these network requests / hits, then it means something is preventing your browser from sending the hits out, perhaps an obscure browser setting or some setting in your office network.

If you see these hits, then something might be interfering with the way the AEP Debugger extension works in your browser, such that you can't use it properly.

Also, check if a colleague faces the same problem as you.

View solution in original post

9 Replies

Level 4

@kamlesh-maddheshiya Both the Extensions are working for me. Just now verified.

Try checking removing the extension and add it back.

Also 'Adobe Experience Cloud Debugger' will be depreciated later this year try using 'Adobe Experience Platform Debugger'.

Charles_Thirupathi_0-1654684051910.png

Thanks,

Charles

Community Advisor

Thank you @Charles_Thirupathi for quick response.

I did(Try checking removing the extension and add it back) but still its not working.

Community Advisor

Are you seeing any errors in the developer console that might indicate an issue? Depending on your extension settings, if your Incognito Mode doesn't load any yet, you could try changing the settings for these extensions to load in Incognito so that you can try them in isolation (without actually disabling all your other extensions right now). This might help determine if there's an issue being caused by another extension.....

Community Advisor

@kamlesh-maddheshiya what other extensions have you installed in your browser? It could be that one or more of them is interfering with the AEP Debugger extension.

Community Advisor

Thank you @yuhuisg , @Jennifer_Dungan , @gipsonm92133537 .

I did everything as mentioned below, still its not working. Please can you look into why this isn't working.

kamleshmaddheshiya_0-1654748113777.png

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Please verify if beacons / hits / network requests are even being sent from your browser properly.

1. In a browser window, open your browser's console and toggle to the "Network" console.
  2. Open your web page. The Network console should fill up with lots of network requests.
  3. Filter the Network console for "b/ss". All Adobe Analytics hits include "b/ss" in their URLs.

If you don't see these network requests / hits, then it means something is preventing your browser from sending the hits out, perhaps an obscure browser setting or some setting in your office network.

If you see these hits, then something might be interfering with the way the AEP Debugger extension works in your browser, such that you can't use it properly.

Also, check if a colleague faces the same problem as you.

Community Advisor

Good advice... this is so hard to help troubleshoot remotely... but yes, checking if the issue exists on other computers will help gauge if maybe the issue is specific to the computer or affecting everyone in your organization...

Adobe Champion

@kamlesh-maddheshiya I think this might be a browser related issue, I have tested both the extensions and they are opening for me.
Trying testing using another machine or see if they are not opening up in the background. In most cases, I also try to disable all my extensions and only activate the ones I am having issues with.

gipsonm92133537_0-1654699884946.png

gipsonm92133537_1-1654699926085.png