Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Exporting dark background while downloading PDF

Level 1

Hi I want to do a Workspace export to PDF but with a dark background, even though I have selected the dark theme when I export to pdf the background turns white in the exported pdf

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Adobe Champion

Hi @user05629 - unfortunately, I don't think this is an available feature in Workspaces. I believe it used to be when you downloaded workspaces as PNG in Data Workbench. You may want to submit this in the Ideas section of the Analytics community. 

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Adobe Champion

Hi @user05629 - unfortunately, I don't think this is an available feature in Workspaces. I believe it used to be when you downloaded workspaces as PNG in Data Workbench. You may want to submit this in the Ideas section of the Analytics community. 

Community Advisor

To add to that, I suspect this is because they are probably thinking of PDFs as a printable version of the report... generally people don't want to print dark mode (too much ink).

But I get it... in the digital world, where you just want the PDF as a saved version of a slice of time.. having the option to customize the look would be important.

Community Advisor

I have always wanted the dark background version of pdf. Even I also use the dark theme in AA. But when i export the pdf it will get in white. For printing of pdf in darker version is not the best practice, maybe that reason it will be converted to white when we download.

Level 2

Hello,

If you really want to read the exported pdf in dark mode, you can edit it directly on the downloaded pdf in following ways:

1. Edit -> Preferences -> Accessibility

2. Click on Replace Document Colours -> Use High Contrast Colours -> White Text on Black