Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

Export time metrics to Excel

Level 1

Hi,

Does anyone know how to export time metrics (like time on site or time spent per visit) to excel? When I download a dashboard with time metrics form Adobe Analytics Workspace, I get completely different numbers in Excel. I have the same problem with Report Builder.

Example 1: fragment of a workspace dashboard:

1859754_pastedImage_0.png

This is what I see when I download these numbers to Excel. The numbers seem incomprehensible and unusable to me.

1859755_pastedImage_1.png

Example 2: fragment of a table I requested with Report Builder in Excel:

1860233_pastedImage_2.png

My current workaround is to download the numbers I need from the Reports section (instead of Workspace or Report Builder). Then copypaste the numbers to the Excel dashboard. This works for the Average Time on Site metric. Fragment from an export from the Reports section:

1860235_pastedImage_4.png

I would save time if I could download time on site numbers directly from Workspace to Excel. Hope somebody knows a solution.

Thanks!

Michaël

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 5

Have you tried requesting the seconds instead of the time formatted value?  Then you can use excel to compute the seconds back to minutes.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 5

Have you tried requesting the seconds instead of the time formatted value?  Then you can use excel to compute the seconds back to minutes.

Level 1

Thanks for the tip! I'll try that.

Level 1

I have tried the solution but it still gives me a big number instead of the # of seconds or the time format.