Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Export of Adobe Analytics data for use in BI Tools

Level 1

What are best practices to export data from Adobe Analytics on a monthly basis to be used in a BI/Data Viz platform such a Power BI. Tried the Adobe Analytics connector in Power BI but our reports use segments and so the connector is not working very well for our needs. Would Data Warehouse be the right option for this? If someone has experience in this area, can you please share your tips on best practices. If there is a discussion thread on this can you please post that link here, I could not find one( or may be I was not searching the right forum). Any guidance is appreciated. Thanks in advance for your input.

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 6

Hi @sujs ,

It would be nice if someone from Adobe could clarify, but I think the Power BI connector is using v1.4 API.

Though there's a learning curve, the most direct route to putting report suite data into Power BI would be to develop a custom Power BI connector which can be set up against the v2.0 API--allowing both the Segment API and the Reporting API with any available segment.

If this is too rocky, there are several other methods mentioned in the Export Guide. The following methods are listed in order of ascending dev/ETL work:

1. Custom Data Warehouse Report
  2. Report Builder (which uses v1.4 API)
  3. v2.0 (or v1.4) API
  4. Data Feeds

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Level 6

Hi @sujs ,

It would be nice if someone from Adobe could clarify, but I think the Power BI connector is using v1.4 API.

Though there's a learning curve, the most direct route to putting report suite data into Power BI would be to develop a custom Power BI connector which can be set up against the v2.0 API--allowing both the Segment API and the Reporting API with any available segment.

If this is too rocky, there are several other methods mentioned in the Export Guide. The following methods are listed in order of ascending dev/ETL work:

1. Custom Data Warehouse Report
  2. Report Builder (which uses v1.4 API)
  3. v2.0 (or v1.4) API
  4. Data Feeds