Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

Exit links report, how to apply a breakdown by Tracking code

Level 2

Hi all,

Is there an option to create a breakdown on tracking code for an exit links report?

There was no event created for the exit link i need to track in my campaign, so i need to use the exit link report. but now i see the total number of clicks on that link and for me is crucial to be able to analyze it by tracking codes

Anyone that can help me out? Much appreciated...

Marina

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Thankfully you don't need access to code/implementation. As long as you have the ability to create a segment, you should be good to go!

1. Log in to Analytics, then click 'workspace' at the top
  2. Create a new project
  3. On the left, you'll have a few different component categories. Click the plus sign next to segments
  4. Hopefully the segment UI is intuitive enough to let you create the segment 'tracking code equals XYZ'. Let me know if you get hung up here
  5. Click save, which will take you back to the workspace project
  6. drag the exit link dimension into the project, then drag your new segment in that little spot where it says 'segments go here'

Let me know if you run into any hiccups!

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Employee Advisor

The easiest way I can think of would be to use a segment.

• Visit container where tracking code equals XYZ

Once you have that segment created, open Workspace and drag the Exit Link dimension over. Drag the segment to the top of the report, and that should be exactly the data you're looking for.

Employee Advisor

Hi Marina, were you able to pull the report with the data you're looking for?

Level 2

Hi!

Thank you for the reply!

I couldn't solve, as i have no access to codes and their implementation, i didn't get how can I visit that container you wrote about.

I am kind of a new one in AA

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Thankfully you don't need access to code/implementation. As long as you have the ability to create a segment, you should be good to go!

1. Log in to Analytics, then click 'workspace' at the top
  2. Create a new project
  3. On the left, you'll have a few different component categories. Click the plus sign next to segments
  4. Hopefully the segment UI is intuitive enough to let you create the segment 'tracking code equals XYZ'. Let me know if you get hung up here
  5. Click save, which will take you back to the workspace project
  6. drag the exit link dimension into the project, then drag your new segment in that little spot where it says 'segments go here'

Let me know if you run into any hiccups!

Level 2

Gigazelle

Thank you so much!!  I did that and it worked!

PS just for you to laugh: first I've created a segment with Tracking Code XYZ and couldn't get what's XYZ amd how the hell XYZ should work hahaha. And then when I got I did the hugest facepalm in my life.