Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Exclude Visitors using VPN

Level 1

Hi 

Is there any way to exclude the users having VPN to visit the website? 
We have lots of visits accumulated under one county and we think the big share is those using VPN

Regards

Reza

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 4

Hey @Reza_Bazargan -

I don't think there is a direct option to exclude data for users who are using VPN. However, you can get the IP address information from Data Warehouse reports

You can exclude data from specific IP addresses, such as internal website activities, site testing and employee usage, from your reports. Excluding data improves report accuracy by excluding IP address data. Additionally, you can remove data from denial of service or other malicious events that can skew report data. You can configure exclusion or by using your firewall.

Analytics > Admin > All admin > Exclude by IP

You can use wildcard indicators (*) to exclude a range of addresses. For example, 0.0.*.0 would exclude all IP addresses between 0.0.0.0 and 0.0.255.0. You can exclude up to 50 different IP addresses.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Community Advisor

I think you should look at ip filtering. Im guessing the vpn you see is predominantly one IP group. Ip filtering then should help you exclude them.

Go to admin > report suites > general setting > bot rules

Add exclusions there.

regards

Correct answer by
Level 4

Hey @Reza_Bazargan -

I don't think there is a direct option to exclude data for users who are using VPN. However, you can get the IP address information from Data Warehouse reports

You can exclude data from specific IP addresses, such as internal website activities, site testing and employee usage, from your reports. Excluding data improves report accuracy by excluding IP address data. Additionally, you can remove data from denial of service or other malicious events that can skew report data. You can configure exclusion or by using your firewall.

Analytics > Admin > All admin > Exclude by IP

You can use wildcard indicators (*) to exclude a range of addresses. For example, 0.0.*.0 would exclude all IP addresses between 0.0.0.0 and 0.0.255.0. You can exclude up to 50 different IP addresses.