Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

Excel Add-in Scheduled Hourly Report - Time Zone Issue?

Level 1

I have a report set up using the Excel add-in, scheduled to email hourly, with refreshed hourly metrics - today and yesterday, this year and last year.  It looks perfect in Excel at any time of day, but the emailed version breaks after 6PM, showing no data for all hours of today and now populating today's data in the yesterday fields.  I'm CST so I'm guessing this has to do with time zones...though the hour of day continues to match CST, just the date itself seems to flip at 6 PM.  How do I fix this so that what is scheduled/emailed matches my time zone?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 1

Can't claim to have it fully figured out, but after much testing it seems that my data displays based on UTC, but the date fields in Excel display in PST.  So as a CST person I have to use one field forced back 5 hours to convert UTC to CST to pull the data and a different field forced forward 2 hours to display my dates in CTS vs. PST.  Good luck to any others who have to try to navigate this!

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Community Advisor

This may sound like a silly question, but your Reporting Suite is configured to be in CST right? It almost sounds like your reporting suite may be configured to be on GTM or UTC (or maybe another time zone in and around there)

Level 1

Are you asking about within Adobe Analytics or is there an additional setting I should be looking at in Excel?  In AA, yes, and the hours all appear correct in my report.  What's strange is that the date seems to flip to the next day at 6PM, but my hourly reporting continues to report 6PM, 7PM, etc...almost like the hours are in CST but the day is in UTC.  To further the mystery, when I refresh the report in Excel, it all looks correct, but the hourly scheduled email from Excel is wrong the last 6 hours of the day.

Correct answer by
Level 1

Can't claim to have it fully figured out, but after much testing it seems that my data displays based on UTC, but the date fields in Excel display in PST.  So as a CST person I have to use one field forced back 5 hours to convert UTC to CST to pull the data and a different field forced forward 2 hours to display my dates in CTS vs. PST.  Good luck to any others who have to try to navigate this!