Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

eVar instances not being captured in Analytics

Level 1

Hey everyone

Yet another one of those problems where you know the solution must be right in front of me!

I've implemented DTM and analytics but the report shows no data even though the debugger shows otherwise. Here's the report for evar29 "button_name":1570370_pastedImage_0.png\

Here's the debugger's Analytics tab where you can see evar29's value "REFERENCES" is being sent to analytics on the 2nd pageload:

1570373_pastedImage_1.png

Any ideas?

Thank you!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi Johannes,

You may want to recheck whether the report suite the data is going to is the same as the report suite you are looking at in the UI.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Community Advisor

If button and link tracking is your aim I really recommend you enable Activity Map.

It will then automatically give you advance link usage(button or html links). Save you custom evar programming as well.

Also in this case. If you had used lets say custom link tracking you could have seen one beacon for page data and one for custom link tracking. Is evar being setup via a sort of s.tl call?

In your analytics login here do a search for eVar29 as perhaps button name report is different than actual evar29 you defined.

Level 2

Just some basic checks.... Are there multiple report suites in your implementation?  Do you filter out employee traffic and no customers have performed the button click action? Did you check your date range?  Hope you discover the issue!

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi Johannes,

You may want to recheck whether the report suite the data is going to is the same as the report suite you are looking at in the UI.

Level 1

You were right! The custom implementation we were using had a data element that was overwriting which report suite data was being sent to. Took me a while to find it but it works now. Thanks for your answer!