Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

Error while scheduling excel(contains Report builder queries) to FTP

Level 1

Hi,

I have a workbook with Report Builder queries and i want to schedule it to FTP.

However, i have got a mail with the below:

We were unable to upload your report via FTP due to the following error:

Failed to connect to provided host

Instead your report has been attached to this email.

I have made sure that the ftp credentials are right.(host - ftp3.omniture.com).

Any help will be much appreciated.

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 4

its an issue with Report builder scheduler you have to reach out to Client care team in this case they will fix it.

While setting up a schedule the report builder looks out for scheduler FTP which sometimes does not work for some user account, just to make sure with that you can check with another user account with same FTP details and same File it should work.

thanks

Saneesh

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Level 5

Hi,

Try the below FTP host options:

ftp.omniture.com or ftp2.omniture.com

If you still facing the same error then contact your Admin or Adobe customer support to fix your issue.

Level 4

Can you make sure you are able to access the FTP with the same set of credentials

This looks like an issue with the host  check with the port and Host name and make sure you dont have spaces

Client care should be able to help post those things are validated.

thanks

Saneesh

Level 1

rameshk28785

Hi Ramesh,

Thanks for your comment.

The given credentials were only accessible with host ftp3.omniture.com.

But I did try with the other hosts and I couldn't access them.

Regards

Nagarjun

Level 1

Hi Suneesh,

I was able to access with the same set of credentials and I made sure that host and port were exactly right.

Really weird because when I scheduled a datawarehouse request, the files were sent to ftp.

which got me to thinking if the query in excel report builder has anything to do with the issue.

Some additional information about the query:

I have created a error message report for current day with hourly breakdown. I want to schedule the report to the ftp every hour.

Regards,

Nagarjun

Level 5

Hi

I hope you are using the latest version of report builder. If not try to install latest version report builder.

If still you are facing any issue reach out to client care.

Correct answer by
Level 4

its an issue with Report builder scheduler you have to reach out to Client care team in this case they will fix it.

While setting up a schedule the report builder looks out for scheduler FTP which sometimes does not work for some user account, just to make sure with that you can check with another user account with same FTP details and same File it should work.

thanks

Saneesh