Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Error updating segment using Adobe Analytics API

Level 2

I'm trying to update a segment using Adobe Analytics API, but getting this error message:

{'errorCode': 'insufficient_access',

'errorDescription': 'No editing access to this item granted. Userid=200423211 does not match ownerid=200283947',

'errorId': 'b2ce142f-adc8-4835-8584-d470409dce75'}

The segment is mine and connecting to the API, using a Service Account (JWT) that is also mine using my credentials. I can read (get) or create a segment, but not update. 

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 2

1. Go to the developer console and open the project's JWT settings. You will see a technical account email. Copy its value.

2. Go to admin console --> Product --> Adobe Analytics - vocento --> Admin --> Add admin    

3. Enter the technical account id in the email address and add the user.  

4. This will make our JWT service account the analytics product admin  

As only product admin can edit the segments, this will resolve the issue going forward.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Community Advisor and Adobe Champion

I've never tried to update via the API; however the message listing two different UserId certainly raises some eyebrows.... it looks like it believes the API is using a different user than the owner... 

I am not 100% sure on this... but I thought that an OAuth authentication was tied to a specific user (or at least it used to be.... ), and that a JWT authentication was a service account (which even though it was set up by you, may act like a separate user trying to access the content)

Perhaps this is worthy of contacting Client Care?

Level 3

Hello @ahvoc , 

Was it solved? If so, could you share the solution. We are getting same error.

Thanks

Correct answer by
Level 2

1. Go to the developer console and open the project's JWT settings. You will see a technical account email. Copy its value.

2. Go to admin console --> Product --> Adobe Analytics - vocento --> Admin --> Add admin    

3. Enter the technical account id in the email address and add the user.  

4. This will make our JWT service account the analytics product admin  

As only product admin can edit the segments, this will resolve the issue going forward.

Level 1

Thank you, this just helped me sooo much with connecting to an API