Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Error connecting to Adobe Analytics Power BI Connector 2.0

Level 2

The Adobe Analytics Power BI connector 2.0 was working perfectly fine but just this morning it started to return the error "The field 'name' of the record wasn't found.".

Has anyone encountered the same issue or know what could be the cause?

We have tried clearing and re authorising the permission but the issue still persists. 

Thanks in advance!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 2

Just got the root cause from Adobe Support:

"The report suites collections API is being replaced by a newer data suites API. The initial rollout exposed the missing fields behind an expansion. The service was rolled back to the original report suites API to resolve the issue."

All seems to be working again.

View solution in original post

31 Replies

Level 1

Hi @fhusain , not sure if that would be possible since Dataflows run MS internally on their backend.

Level 1

It appears that the collections/suites endpoint is not returning all the data it is supposed to.  This is an issue on Adobe side.  The API is supposed to return collectionItemType, name, id, and rsid, but it is currently only returning collectionItemType and rsid.

working version: 

jiachenTest_0-1693344545023.png

Non-Working:

jiachenTest_1-1693344576078.png

Level 2

I have also just received the same response from Microsoft on my ticket... Can Adobe please re look at this issue?

Employee

Hey @jiachenTest This can be definitely re-checked. Do you already have a client care ticket logged? If so, can you please share these particular details over the same?

Please do include the endpoints details in case of both connectors and the request/response we get from 1.0 and 2.0 version. 

Also, did you see any endpoint difference in the working and non-working version? In the screenshot I only see response, is it calling the same API? 

Employee

I believe the API that is being called in Connector 2.0 is - https://analytics.adobe.io/api/{global-company-id}/collections/suites?limit=0

So, I made a similar API request outside of Power BI, to see if we are getting the same response from the API, but I can see ID and name as well. My wild guess here is maybe Microsoft is modifying the response that is being retrieved or something might have changed in the latest version. 

fhusain_0-1693390369649.png

Level 1

FYI: for me it worked fine again as of today! Not sure if it works for y'all as well?

Level 2

Confirming it is currently working for me too! 

Level 2

It is working for me as well today.  If anyone knows the reason for the issue, can you share?  I see a few possible reasons discussed.  Thank you!

Employee

It seems there was an enhancement on the endpoint part, but it was reverted back to the original, which resolved the issue.

So, it should work now without any errors.

Correct answer by
Level 2

Just got the root cause from Adobe Support:

"The report suites collections API is being replaced by a newer data suites API. The initial rollout exposed the missing fields behind an expansion. The service was rolled back to the original report suites API to resolve the issue."

All seems to be working again.