Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Entry path

Level 4

I'd like a bit more clarification on the entry path of a flow. I'm using a custom link click (eVar 40) as an entry path . Let's say this evar has two possible values only (click on sign-up; click on contact us).

The flow report shows one single entry block called Entry, and a subsequent column that shows occurrences for for click on sign-up and click on contact us.

Question #1: Is the second column a breakdown of first action taken by the user (entry dimension (eVar40)) or the second action taken by the user, after the entry dimension?

Question #2: what does it mean to enter a path? Is it the first occurrence of the dimension within a visit? 

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Answers to:

Question #1: The second column is a breakdown of first action taken by the user (entry dimension (eVar40)).

Question #2: Yes. (Or first occurrence of the dimension within a visitor, if your visualisation's setting has been set to "Visitor".)

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Answers to:

Question #1: The second column is a breakdown of first action taken by the user (entry dimension (eVar40)).

Question #2: Yes. (Or first occurrence of the dimension within a visitor, if your visualisation's setting has been set to "Visitor".)

Community Advisor

Just an idea to perhaps give you an alternative tracking method.

You have an evar with 2 options. Going along that path I assume its links/buttons internally on your site.

If you were to create internal tracking IDs make the evar expire after visit or X number of days.

Now you can for any specific action create a tracking ID that will allow you site wide to attribute pages, events and purchases and revenue impact of the link click.

The flow report can then be used at specific tracking ID level as well.