Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Entry Pages Attributed Incorrectly

Level 1

When looking at our entries report we are seeing multiple entries coming from our sign-in page. This is a modal that fires as an s.t call. The problem is our sign-in modals should never be the first touch when visiting our site. These are only accessible from other pages (i.e. homepage or any other page then the user selects "sign-in"). The one thing to note is when a user is unrecognized we will automatically display the sign-in modal but this happens after the actual page load. 

The question then is why are my Entry pages being attributed to a page that should never be a users first touchpoint?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

The Entry Page is the first Page information that gets recorded within a Visit. If the sign - in page is not supposed to be an Entry Page then it means that visit might be breaking for your users. I would suggest that you go through the journey and check in the debugger if your Visitor ID is changing or not. 

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Community Advisor

@and12345 It looks your sign-in modal s.t call is being fired first in such cases or being counted first. You can verify that in network calls and also try to look what was the second page after sign-in modal.

Thanks,

Asheesh

Correct answer by
Employee

The Entry Page is the first Page information that gets recorded within a Visit. If the sign - in page is not supposed to be an Entry Page then it means that visit might be breaking for your users. I would suggest that you go through the journey and check in the debugger if your Visitor ID is changing or not.