Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

Entry Page for Unique Visitor

Level 2

Dear community,

Could you help me to answer this question:

Consider a Visitor is arriving on the website 4 times per month and the scenario stands below:

Visit 1 : A >> B >> D >> E

Visit 2 : A >> C >> D >> E

Visit 3 : B >> C >> D >> E

Visit 4 : C >> A >> D >> E

So what is Entry page for Unique Visitor?

First Page in the First visit = A

or

First page in the Last Visit = C

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Assuming that the first Hit in all the Visits is a page view call (s.t())

View solution in original post

10 Replies

Employee Advisor

Entries persist throughout the Visit. So, if you try fetching Entry Page report with Unique Visitors metric, you will see something like below:

Entry PageVisitsUnique Visitor
A21
B11
C11
D00
E00
Total41

Level 2
Hi @Ishan_Sinha_, It is clear, but i interested what page would be as Entry Page for Unique Visitor in this scenario? A or C?

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Assuming that the first Hit in all the Visits is a page view call (s.t())

Level 2

Hi, thanks for your answer, but it is not clear for me

Could, you give me more details, please.

Community Advisor

@Van9Entry Pages are Visit-scoped. That is why Entry Page A had 2 Visits, whereas the others had 1 Visit. But your requirement is to report with the Unique Visitors metric. Assuming the same visitor had performed all 4 visits in your example, then Entry Page A would have been used by only that one Unique Visitor, so "1" is reported, not "2".

The above only applies when a Pageview is always tracked as the first hit of any visit. In some implementations, a Custom Link could have been tracked first before any Pageview. (It's rare, but it happens.) In such cases, since the first hit is not a Pageview, the Entry Pages report would not show the expected numbers.

But I don't think you have such a scenario, so you can ignore that possibility of an unexpected Entry Pages report.

Level 2
@yuhuisg, thanks for your answer. So what page would be as Entry Page for Unique Visitor in this scenario? A or C?

Community Advisor
@Van9 @Ishan_Sinha_ has already given you the answer in his previous post

Level 10
Do any of the answers below answer your initial question? If so, can you select one of them as the correct answer? If none of the answers already provided answer your question, can you provide additional information to better help the community solve your question?