BedrockMission!

Learn more

Sign in to view all badges

SOLVED

Dynamic YoY Based on Date Selection

axelubm
Level 1
Level 1

Hello! I'm relatively new to using Adobe Analytics and have hit a snag. I've searched on the forum and have not found this question, apologies if it's already been asked!

I want to be able to compare my KPIs year on year based on the date selection that I have on my workspace. I've tried using both the 'Add Time Period Column' and 'Compare Time Periods' but the comparison column always stays static if I change my date range.

Example: Dates selected: 'Last Month' (01.05.2018 - 31.05.2018) and comparison is same month last year (01.05.2017 - 31.05.2017). If I then change my date selection to 'This Month' (01.06.2018 - 30.06.2018) the comparison columns all stay static on 01.05.2017 - 31.05.2017).

Does anyone know if this is possible?

1 Accepted Solution
thomas30900
Correct answer by
Level 2
Level 2

Hello,

i don't think you can do exactly what you are mentionning, or maybe by creating "Custom Metrics".

If you really need what s on your example (month, week, etc) you can use the dimension "Month" or "Week" and then the "Time" metrcis "Last Year" and "This Year".

Though, something Dynamic I created, is a YTD comparison.

I did it this way, creating 2 custom "Date range"  for my YTD

"This Year, until today" (start date jan 1 2018 - end day today)

"Last Year, until today" (start jan 1 2017 - end of current day - 365)

If you need to compare a specific date range, i think you can do the same way a custom date range, that would be the easiest way in my opinion.

Hope this will help.

Thomas

View solution in original post

1 Reply
thomas30900
Correct answer by
Level 2
Level 2

Hello,

i don't think you can do exactly what you are mentionning, or maybe by creating "Custom Metrics".

If you really need what s on your example (month, week, etc) you can use the dimension "Month" or "Week" and then the "Time" metrcis "Last Year" and "This Year".

Though, something Dynamic I created, is a YTD comparison.

I did it this way, creating 2 custom "Date range"  for my YTD

"This Year, until today" (start date jan 1 2018 - end day today)

"Last Year, until today" (start jan 1 2017 - end of current day - 365)

If you need to compare a specific date range, i think you can do the same way a custom date range, that would be the easiest way in my opinion.

Hope this will help.

Thomas

View solution in original post