Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

Dynamic Nested Segments

Level 1

Hi,

I have a question where segments are made up of other segments. If the base segment is updated with new criteria, does the parent segment automatically receive these changes.

E.g. Segment X is created to segment Sessions that match Segment A OR Segment B; I update the criteria defining Segment B...does Segment X automatically take the new criteria for Segment B into account.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

No

If you create a new segment and drop in another one, it does not add a reference but copies the segment definition. therefore the comnection to the added segment (original) is lost and any updates to the initial segment will have no effect.

i think there is an idea about this somewhere in the forum, just can‘t find the link right now. just use forum search function...

regards Urs

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

No

If you create a new segment and drop in another one, it does not add a reference but copies the segment definition. therefore the comnection to the added segment (original) is lost and any updates to the initial segment will have no effect.

i think there is an idea about this somewhere in the forum, just can‘t find the link right now. just use forum search function...

regards Urs