Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Duplicate Report Suite with same underlying dataset

Level 1

Hi all,

we are about to make significant changes in our Report Suite as far as campaign classification within the rule builder is concerned. The changes should make the rule set less complex, but should also ensure consistency with data collected in the past (> than the 6 Month Lookback period)

Now my question is: Is there a way to have a (dev)report suite with the same underlying dataset than the production suite in use without adding a second Tracking code? From my perspective this would be the easiest way to apply a new classification and check for consistency in the past.

I hope this is not a duplicate - so feel free to send any existing Threads is this has already been covered.

Cheers

Richard

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Copying data to a new (dev) report suite is only possible through Adobe Engineering Services engagement. You would need to contact your Adobe account manager to help you connect with the team. Note that it will require a separate contract and server call charges (for the data copied) may be applicable.

Another way is to use Bulk Data Ingestion APIs to send all the data in existing report suite to a new one. 

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Community Advisor

I suggest that you contact Adobe Client Care to see if they can help you with this duplication request.

But even if they were able to duplicate your report suite, your updated Marketing Channel Processing Rules would have no effect on historical data, because all of that had been processed by Adobe Analytics already, and there's no way to change the processed values. Your updated Processing Rules would only apply on new data.

Level 1

Thanks for the helpful response. Just for clarification: the changes I want to make are related to the Classification Rule Builder (especially for Campaign Classification) not the Marketing Channels.

As far as I know those get rewritten according to the set lookback window (up to 6 Month). Or am I wrong here and this is related to something else?

To go more into detail and explaining my concerns:
The current classification has ~ 100 rules. I think that with smarter Regular Expressions this can be reduced significantly. However, if I miss a single of those +100 lines this can affect reports / data in the lookback window.

That's why I believe a separate report suite for testing purposes makes sense to ensure that past reports of the current configuration are consistent with the new configuration.

thanks & cheers

Community Advisor

Yes, Classification Rule Builder has a maximum 6-month lookback window. If you want the values to look back forever, then you should use the Classification Importer.

You could probably test your proposed RegExs by downloading the existing campaign tracking codes (from Classification Importer) to test your RegExs with.

If you're worried about overwriting unexpectedly, you can do this:

1. Test your RegExs like what I had described.
  2. Update your Classification Rule Builder with a 1-month lookback.
  3. Download the classifications with Classification Importer.
  4. Fix those that are wrong and re-upload via Classification Importer.

Until you change your Classification Rule Builder rules or upload a new set via Classification Importer, whatever classifications are active after step 4 will stay forever.

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Copying data to a new (dev) report suite is only possible through Adobe Engineering Services engagement. You would need to contact your Adobe account manager to help you connect with the team. Note that it will require a separate contract and server call charges (for the data copied) may be applicable.

Another way is to use Bulk Data Ingestion APIs to send all the data in existing report suite to a new one. 

Level 1

thanks for the response that was very helpful.