Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Duplicate Data

Level 3

Hello,

Recently I came across duplicate page name value in SiteCat, when I break them down by URLs, they are similar. Any solutions ? 

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 5

Hopefully you have resolved it, if not you may check that pageName variable value should not contain any new-line, -em or -en dashes, or any HTML characters.

Some browsers send new line characters while others don't, which causes the data in Analytics to be split between two seemingly identical page names.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Level 5

Are the pageName values having different case (upper/ lower)? pls post an example.

As a quick fix, you might want to use "processing rules" so that two or more page Name values (currently reported in SiteCat) process into a single value for a given page.

Level 5

Can you pls. attach an example excel report here to know more about this issue?

Correct answer by
Level 5

Hopefully you have resolved it, if not you may check that pageName variable value should not contain any new-line, -em or -en dashes, or any HTML characters.

Some browsers send new line characters while others don't, which causes the data in Analytics to be split between two seemingly identical page names.