Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

DTM: Applying scOpen

Level 2

Hello,

Do you know how to set the scOpen event within DTM and can you provide some examples on how to do this?  I'm trying to figure out what's the best way to do this and I'm hitting a wall.  Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Ridder  

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 4

**All the views given here are my personal and has no relation or doesn't reflect views of my employer.

Hello Rider,

Thankfully, "scOpen" is readily available in DTM (in-built).

Just go to an Event based rule and under the Adobe Analytics tool, look for the event section and the the drop down list you can find one.

Now, to answer, how do we do it enlightened !

Just create an Event based rule which can identify when the Cart is being open and fire it on that event which will have scOpen included. Please let me know if you need more details, I would try to provide exact steps here.

Do like the post should you find useful by clicking on the "Heart Icon" and move this to "Solved" status for the benefit of other users of the forum.

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Harsh Kabra |  Adobe Certified Expert: Digital Analytics® & SiteCatalyst Implementation & Reporting®

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Level 10

Hi there,

As per my knowledge you need to do this by editing s_code through DTM and putting the s.events entry in it. Please try the below articles and see if they help:

http://microsite.omniture.com/t2/help/en_US/sc/implement/events.html

https://marketing.adobe.com/resources/help/en_US/dtm/t_analytics_deploy.html

Thanks!

Correct answer by
Level 4

**All the views given here are my personal and has no relation or doesn't reflect views of my employer.

Hello Rider,

Thankfully, "scOpen" is readily available in DTM (in-built).

Just go to an Event based rule and under the Adobe Analytics tool, look for the event section and the the drop down list you can find one.

Now, to answer, how do we do it enlightened !

Just create an Event based rule which can identify when the Cart is being open and fire it on that event which will have scOpen included. Please let me know if you need more details, I would try to provide exact steps here.

Do like the post should you find useful by clicking on the "Heart Icon" and move this to "Solved" status for the benefit of other users of the forum.

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Harsh Kabra |  Adobe Certified Expert: Digital Analytics® & SiteCatalyst Implementation & Reporting®

Level 2

Hi Harsh,

Thanks for the reply.  If you could provide with the exact steps on how to determine if scOpen should be used or not, it would greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Ridder

Level 4

Hello Again Rider,

Sorry for a delay in my response, it has been long I haven't seen this forum!

Now, to answer, how EXACTLY do we do it enlightened !

Just create an Event based rule which can identify when the Cart is being open and fire it on that event which will have scOpen included. To do so, Identify the Tag Selector which can help us identify the Opening of a New Cart on your web app and use the given conditions in the event based rules to identify this action. Whenever this action is performed, your rule will get satisfied and the event will fire as configured in it.

You might want to get in touch with someone from dev team to get this information or just share the code snippet if you can and i will try to give the rule required. 

Hope this helps!

Regards,