Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Drop Down Multi Select

Level 1

Does anyone know how to incorporate a multi-select within dropdown filter? 

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 4

Hey @pszew93  - To add a dropdown, simply select any component in the left rail, and drag it into the panel dropzone. While holding the shift keyboard modifier, drop the components. This will turn those components into a dropdown. 

You can also click on the chevron and choose "No Filter" if you just want the dropdown to be there and not filter based on it.

The dropdowns that you add also have a customizable title. There is a pencil icon when you hover over the dropdown, just click on it and add your description.

Also, you can add multiple dropdowns to your freeform table. You can use the same method to create a second dropdown using any dimension, date ranges. This allows end-user to choose from different dimensions and time ranges, you can also use segments in the dropdown, for example, use Device Type to filter between Desktop and Mobile customers.

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Employee

Hey @pszew93, you can refer to this video
Hope this helps. 

Regards,
Rhythm

Correct answer by
Level 4

Hey @pszew93  - To add a dropdown, simply select any component in the left rail, and drag it into the panel dropzone. While holding the shift keyboard modifier, drop the components. This will turn those components into a dropdown. 

You can also click on the chevron and choose "No Filter" if you just want the dropdown to be there and not filter based on it.

The dropdowns that you add also have a customizable title. There is a pencil icon when you hover over the dropdown, just click on it and add your description.

Also, you can add multiple dropdowns to your freeform table. You can use the same method to create a second dropdown using any dimension, date ranges. This allows end-user to choose from different dimensions and time ranges, you can also use segments in the dropdown, for example, use Device Type to filter between Desktop and Mobile customers.

Hope this helps.

Level 1

I think @pszew93  is asking for the ability to have a dropdown where you can select multiple values at a time, not just a single-select option. For example, if I have a "Country" dropdown and want to select US, Mexico, and Canada in the dropdown to replicate an "OR" relationship between the 3 values. I haven't seen a way to do that. @pszew93 correct me if I'm wrong interpreting what you meant. I'd be interested in the same info.

Level 1

Hi, 

Were you able to find a solution for this? As I understood AA, doesn't have a submit button, so for dropdown they have only enabled a single select and moment you choose an option data is filtered.